Foof! I rocked David Bowie Day a little too much on Friday, the 18th day of 2008. (hee) I convinced an entire bar that it was officially David Bowie Day and the manager obliged my request and played all my Bowie cds. It was great fun and I wish you were all there. It’s nice to leave and get “Happy David Bowie Day” from 30 people you don’t even know. I wonder if they will be pissed when they find out that it’s not completely official. And by ‘completely official’ I mean outside of my own head and the select few who read VeggieM. Meh, who cares?
So this weekend I took note of a few things. Everyday is an epiphany for me.
- I’m never going to use the term, “Doggie Bag” at a restaurant again. I’m not sure what I would be taking home.
- If you hit someone’s house with a golf ball, they get pissed. Even though the stupid assholes bought a house right on a course where people hit hard white balls with clubs and have the accuracy of Stevy Wonder with a dart.
- Patron tastes better with an orange slice. I can’t explain it but it does.
- I gave blood on Saturday and the nurse(?) told me that the stick would feel like a little bee sting. If that is supposed to calm me down, why do people go bat-shit crazy when bees are around?
- On the same topic of giving blood, when the ears start popping, you have about twenty seconds before you take an involuntary nap.
- Smelling salts hurt the nostrils.
- An older black woman said I was “Fly”. I don’t know what that means, but I like it.
- David Bowie’s character in the movie Labyrinth isn’t Jarrod. His name is Jareth. Dude still has funny pants.
That’s pretty much it. My weekend was uneventful by many people’s standards. How was yours?