I think I need to be a little more productive at work. It’s not that I am bored or lazy, it’s just that the days seem to drag on a bit longer than I remember. So today I couldn’t help myself and regressed to a 16 year teenager. I pulled a practical joke on a co-worker and I must say, I am pretty proud of myself. It wasn’t a Jim Halpurt “calculator in Jello” maneuver but it was on the same level.
To defend myself the person on the receiving end deserved it. He’s a good guy but one, he plays competitive handball. That’s disturbing. And two, he asked me if I ever have a serious side. Well pal, here is your answer.
Here is how it went down:
- Conducted inner office reconnaissance from 8-10am
- Observed that the subject left his cubicle to the printer station at least 5 times in an hour.
- When he was at the printer station I pulled up a YouTube clip and paused it
- Turned his processor backwards toward the wall and turned his speakers all the way up.
- Before unplugging the mouse I pressed play and turned off his monitor.
- Crawled on my hands and knees all the way to my office without anyone noticing
- Watched all the gofers pop their heads from the top of the cubicles
- Saw said person come unglued
- Then went back to work worried that I took it too far.
Here is the video. Imagine it’s in a quiet office and this is way loud.
I shouldn’t be in corporate America.