- In the show All In The Family, why is Edith always running? I have seen every episode and I have never seen her walk.
- If you have a lisp, can you even say the word ‘lisp’?
- Dogs hate it when you blow on their face but they stick there heads out car windows?
- Why do I always touch the plate at a Mexican restaurant when the waiter clearly says “hot plate”?
- I love San Fransisco but I just read an article that the city is looking to regulate all restaurants to ban all trans fats, add a 3% charge to all hotels and dining for the city’s socialized medicine, and make selling bottled water illegal. I can’t understand how a city that prides itself on diversity and individual choice can do the exact opposite? I am wondering when the former Soviet Union will declare San Fran their new home?
- I get very uncomfortable when people are singing while making eye contact with me. I wonder why that is?
- I am sure I can Google this but I would rather ask it to you; can you please explain to me why Hawaii has interstates again?
Anyone have any answers? Or did I add to your list of questions?
I can have a hot pad on my hand and tell the person to not touch the plate while setting it down, warning them that it just came out of the oven. It gets touched every time.
People with a true lisp, cannot say lisp. I cannot say ‘speech impediment’ properly, because I cannot say ‘ch’ the right way. Though it’s not so bad as when I was a kid.
And it’s okay, Barbie thinks math is hard too 😉
I think the person who made the word ‘lisp’ is a dick.
How do you say ‘ch’? Inquiring minds…. 😉
I figure that dogs experience so much sensation through their sense of smell, that sticking their head out of the window of a moving car is like dog porn on fast forward.
A face full of my breath…not so much.
And we both know why Edith always ran everywhere…because we KNOW what would have happened if Archie had to wait for Edith…
That’s two down! Thanks Dead Charm! I love Edith.
HAHA!! I can’t sing a note but I suddenly want to start singing some uncomfortable song while looking right at you. Only You by The Platters comes to mind. Oh man. I got a copy of a friend’s wedding reception video from the camera guy once (odd b/c my friend somehow didn’t get the video I got…hmm.) and at the end he set up the camera in his room and sang a song to me that apparently I helped him to complete (GAG!!). The angle was a pretty tight, close up of just him so it was like he was right there singing to me. I was so uncomfortable and embarrassed just from watching the video that I had to turn it off. Sadly it got into the hands of my friend and all her friends. Mortified, I’m telling you, I was mortified. Though it’s funny now.
Why is the word to describe a fear of long words: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
It’s a sick and twisted worls I tell ya’!
I must know the answers to these questions.
Also, what the hell kind of sick joke is a platypus.
Hotels? As in, the thing that holds people not from San Fransico?
“I get very uncomfortable when people are singing while making eye contact with me ”
That..right there, is the #1 thing I’ve never thought about before, but once I did, it became the truest statement in the world.
PS: LMAO at Josh’s platypus comment 🙂
Ok, my list just got longer.
Why would they make bottled water Illegal? That is madness!!
My “D” and “Th” sounds are exactly the same. I always manage to say “Dunder” and I made this realization in the 5th grade 😦
I think the whole state is looking to do the trans fats thing actually. Or maybe just Los Angeles is doing the same thing? As for the water bottles, there’s a big push statewide about recycling water bottles and how the landfills are full of millions of them so I’m guessing it would be related to that. And since places like Wisconsin and Florida have sales taxes to pay for their sports stadiums I don’t have too big of a problem with SF choosing to do it for socialized medicine, but I’m a big hippie.
Okay, I Googled and the trans fat ban IS statewide:
Published: July 26, 2008
LOS ANGELES — California, a national trendsetter in all matters edible, became the first state to ban trans fats in restaurants when Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill Friday to phase out their use
Under the new law, trans fats, long linked to health problems, must be excised from restaurant products beginning in 2010, and from all retail baked goods by 2011. Packaged foods will be exempt.
I had to look this one up myself!
Turns out that the INTERSTATES were made with the same funds that MAINLAND interstates were made from.
The Interstates connect all the Millitary bases in Hawaii and are made a certain way (smooth roads, low grades gentle curves) to facilitate movement.
and… uhm. That’s it.